> But we won't *know* if it fixes the problem, since this happened a few
> months ago (several times, that time) and now has happened again.  It's
> possible that it happened in between, but it wasn't reported.

Well, for what its worth, I'd be 99.9999999999999999999 % (:-) certain that it
will fix your problem.

I've definitely seen that behaviour before and setting different spool
directories for each printer cured the problem.

The reason I'm not 100% sure is that (a) I saw this probably > 10 years ago
with a much older LPRng (or maybe even when we were still running it's
predecessor PLP?) so the memory is somewhat faded (!); and (b) I'm also
currently not running the latest LPRng so I can't guarantee that the newest
versions don't handle sharing spool directories better than the older versions
did...

Duncan