This is probably a question more for HP printer experts rather than LPRng
experts, but I figure there are probably a few of the former here!

I've started playing around with ifhp 3.5.10 printing to an HP4100 and it's
mostly working OK except when the printer runs out of paper, ifhp reports a
message along the lines of 'PC/Upper/Tray2 - Japan B6 Paper'.

>From the ifhp log file I can see that the status code returned by the printer
is 41226, which according to the ifhp source (checkcode.c) and a PJL reference
guide from the web does indeed mean the printer wants "Japan B6" paper!

But as far as I can see, the printer is set up (via the front panel) for A4
paper, so I'd love it if anyone could tell me where this paper setting is
coming from.

I know I can override the strings associated with status codes in the ifhp.conf
file but I'd rather not do that unless it is the only option.

Duncan