Hi all,

I'm just at the point where I can't really find the theory interesting
until we've got more data, and the only way I see of getting data is to
get tools out there and in use.  Science is about coming up with
theories to fit the data, not the other way around.

I couldn't agree more. However, another (more lightweight) approach to
getting more data is to get more validation tools in production
environments. They are less intrusive and the languages these tools
use can be seen as a set of constraints on the domain model of
configuration management. These constraints can be used in tools for
automatic generation of infrastructure policies.

Kind Regards

Thomas