On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Masatake YAMATO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> (More people are added to Cc by Subrata, so I'll keep the field
> in spite of my last mail.)
>
> > And here goes the list of syscall test cases that are additionally in
> > Crackerjack and can be included in LTP. Please verify it once again.
> >
> > ftruncate64
> > shmat
> > msgsnd
> > shmctl
> > shmdt
>
> Could you tell me more about "can be included"?
>
> e.g. shmat, msgsnd, shmctl, and shmdt are tested in
> ltp/testcases/kernel/ipc/ipc_stress, aren't they?

(Sometimes i need to reply through this id as my IMAP account @
linux.vnet.ibm.com becomes dead slow in delivering mails)

Oh Yes. You are correct. I did not look in to that aspect at all. I just did
a comparison of whatever we have at *testcases/kernel/syscalls* and what
they have in *Crackerjack*. I am listing down my comments here:

1) ftruncate64
Comments: We have ftruncate at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/ftruncate/*. But
this may not be doing the ftruncate64() test. You may need to include/port
ftruncate64 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

2) setgid16
Comments: We have setgid at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/setgid. *You may need
to include/port setgid16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

3) shmget:
Comments: We have this at testcases/kernel/syscalls/ipc/shmget. Need not
look into this right now. May be after the porting is over, we can see
whether there is some additional functionality that Crackerjack shmget is
covering over LTP-shmget. We may then need to add 1/2 test cases in this
regard. But, not to be prioritized immediately.

4) mbind
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

5) removexattr
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

6) exit_group
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

7) io_cancel
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

8) migrate_pages
Comments: We have a different form of this at recently added Memory Hotplug
testcases at testcases/kernel/hotplug/memory_hotplug/. But i would like to
see this a tested inside testcases/kernel/syscalls, as hotplug testing
presently is optional. So, please include/port this as well.

9) setgroups16
Comments: We have setgroups at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/setgroups. *You
may need to include/port setgroups16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and
fadvise64.

10) getdents64
Comments: We have getdents at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/getdents. *You may
need to include/port getdents64 on similar lines to sendfile64 and
fadvise64.

11) add_key
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

12) getegid16
Comments: We have getegid at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/gettegid. *You may
need to include/port getegid16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

13) io_destroy
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

14) newfstat
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

15) set_mempolicy
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

16) timer_getoverrun
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

17) fadvise64_64
Comments: We have fadvise64 support added by you. But i am not sure what
this fadvise64_64 is. May need to include/port this as well.

18) io_getevents
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

19) newlstat
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

20) rt_sigaction
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

21) sigreturn
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

22) timer_gettime
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

23) geteuid16
Comments: We have geteuid at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/geteuid. *You may
need to include/port geteuid16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

24) newuname
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

25) rt_sigprocmask
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

26) bdflush
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

27) getgid16
Comments: We have getgid at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/getgid. *You may need
to include/port getgid16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

28) rt_sigqueueinfo
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

29) ioprio_get
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

30) rt_sigsuspend
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

31) setregid16
Comments: We have setregid at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/setregid. *You may
need to include/port setregid16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and
fadvise64.

32) tkill
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

33) getgroups16
Comments: We have getgroups at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/getgroups. *You
may need to include/port getgroups16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and
fadvise64.

34) ioprio_set
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

35) sched_getaffinity
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

36) ssetmask
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

37) fchown16
Comments: We have fchown at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/fchown. *You may need
to include/port fchown16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

38) io_setup
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

39) mmap2
Comments: We have mmap2 in testcases/kernel/mem/mtest06/. Need not look into
this right now. May be after the porting is over, we can see whether there
is some additional functionality that Crackerjack mmap2 is covering over
LTP-mmap2. We may then need to add 1/2 test cases in this regard. But, not
to be prioritized immediately.

40) setresgid16
Comments: We have setresgid at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/setresgid. *You
may need to include/port setresgid16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and
fadvise64.

41) truncate64
Comments: We have truncate at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/truncate. *You may
need to include/port truncate64 on similar lines to sendfile64 and
fadvise64.

42) get_mempolicy
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

43) io_submit
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

44) stat64
Comments: We have stat at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/stat. *You may need to
include/port stat64 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

45) keyctl
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

46) setresuid16
Comments: We have setresuid at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/setresuid. *You
may need to include/port setresuid16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and
fadvise64.

47) chown16
Comments: We have chown at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/chown. *You may need
to include/port chown16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

48) fcntl64
Comments: We have fcntl at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/fcntl. *You may need
to include/port fcntl64 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

49) move_pages: This is not in LTP. But work for this has been already
initiated. Need not consider this.

50) statfs64
Comments: We have statfs at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/statfs. *You may need
to include/port statfs64 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

51) clock_getres
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

52) lchown16
Comments: We have lchown at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/lchown. *You may need
to include/port lchown16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

53) setreuid16
Comments: We have setreuid at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/setreuid. *You may
need to include/port setreuid16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and
fadvise64.

54) fgetxattr
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

55) lgetxattr
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

56) mq_getsetattr
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

57) unshare
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

58) clock_nanosleep
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

59) flistxattr
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

60) mq_notify
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

61) ppoll
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

62) useclock_settime
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

63) mq_open
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

64) set_thread_area
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

65) listxattr
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

66) mq_timedreceive
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

67) pread64
Comments: We have pread at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/pread. *You may need
to include/port pread64 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

68) set_tid_address
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

69) fremovexattr
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

70) llistxatt
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

71) mq_timedsend
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

72) pselect6
Comments: We have pselect at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/paelect. *You may
need to include/port pselect6 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

73) utimes
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

74) fsetxattr
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

75) mq_unlink
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

76) gettid
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

77) lremovexattr
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

78) quotactl
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

79) setuid16
Comments: We have setuid at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/setuid* and *
testcases/kernel/syscalls/mount**. *You may need to include/port setuid16 on
similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

80) fstat64
Comments: We have fstat at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/fstat**. *You may need
to include/port fstat64 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

81) setxattr
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

82) fstatat64
Comments: We have fstatat at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/fstatat**. *You may
need to include/port fstatat64 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

83) lsetxattr
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

84) readahead
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

85) setfsgid16
Comments: We have setfsgid at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/setfsgid**. *You
may need to include/port setfsgid16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and
fadvise64.

86) sgetmask
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

87) waitid
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

88) fstatfs64
Comments: We have fstatfs at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/fstatfs**. *You may
need to include/port fstatfs64 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

89) getuid16
Comments: We have getuid at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/getuid**. *You may
need to include/port getuid16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

90) getxattr
Comments: We need this from Crackerjack as we do not have this in LTP
anywhere.

91) lstat64
Comments: We have lstat at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/lstat**. *You may need
to include/port lstat64 on similar lines to sendfile64 and fadvise64.

92) setfsuid16
Comments: We have setfsuid at *testcases/kernel/syscalls/setfsuid**. *You
may need to include/port setfsuid16 on similar lines to sendfile64 and
fadvise64.

Ooopss......!!
Trying to find out the whereabouts of these test cases is really tough. But
once decided we can keep going. So, we have the following summary:

i) *61* of the syscall tests require direct porting and creation of new
directories in LTP,
ii) Once this is over,  *29* of testcases needs to be ported for their
16-bit or 64-bit versions. This will not involve creation of new directories
in LTP, but will be placed in the existing directories. These may either add
new source files or update the existing ones similar to the sendfile64 and
fadvise64,
iii) Remaining test cases like shmget, shmat, msgsnd, shmctl, shmdt, mmap2
can be investigated later, and once all the above i) and ii) are done. We
can see whether there is something additional functionality testing in
Crackerjack for them. If yes, we can then include 1/2 tests for each of
them. But that is at the end.

Yamato, hope this list helps you in your work.

Regards--
Subrata

> Masatake

Regards & Thanks--