Hi!
> It looks like it could be changes in lib/tst_res.c line 404 in function
> tst_print().
> There's other components to TAP but the change above it the biggest I think.

Getting 90% working would be easy enough, the real problem is making it
work for all corner cases, which is the reason I would rather want to do
this for a cleaner code.

> > I've started to work on this just recently. Just now I'm experimenting
> > with rewriting it from scratch keeping most of the API unchanged (since
> > we cannot change easily the API for > ~1000 testcases).
> >
> > Then there is another problem, so far LTP testcases are executed using
> > the ltp-pan test driver, which executes testcases, catches segfaults,
> > etc. We would have to consider how that would interact with the output
> > generated from testcases.
> >
> > One option would be to get rid of most of the pan functionality by
> > moving the test driver code into the test library, so that each testcase
> > would fork first, then run the real test in it's own virtual terminal,
> > etc.
>
> Well, if your re-writing it, than TAP could be added after that. Is this
> re-write
> a long term thing, or something your planning to complete in the next couple
> months?

The tst_res.c is one of the last files under the lib/ that hasn't been
cleaned up yet and I certainly want to do that before next release,
which would be in aprox. three months.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chru...@suse.cz