Hi All!

I'm trying to replace an Ubuntu 12.04 thin client setup with Ubuntu
16.04 ltsp-pnp fat clients turned off.

First I tried running it in fat client mode where I could immediately
log in on the clients without issues but because of client performance
problems I need to switch to thin client mode.

So I changed LOCAL_APPS to False in lts.conf. After that it still boots
fine but I'm having an issue with starting the X session that I can't
really figure out how to tackle.

SSH login to the terminal server works fine I've already tried that
using a shell on a client. The problem is that it can't start an X
session, the error in syslog looks like this (sorry for some Hungarian
in the message...):

gnome-session[4060]: No protocol specified
gnome-session[4060]: Failed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to
server socket: Nincs ilyen fájl vagy könyvtár
gnome-session[4060]: Unable to init server: Nem sikerült kapcsolódni:
Kapcsolat elutasítva
gnome-session[4060]: (gnome-session-check-accelerated:4077): Gtk-WARNING
**: cannot open display: :7
gnome-session[4060]: gnome-session-binary[4060]: CRITICAL: We failed,
but the fail whale is dead. Sorry....
gnome-session-binary[4060]: CRITICAL: We failed, but the fail whale is
dead. Sorry....

Do you maybe have some hints what to check?

Regards,
Gábor