I _ could _ be wrong here, but me thinks that the Airport base station is
just a "re-labeled" Lucent RG 1000. (about $170) I know that it is lucent
something..... could be an AP500 or AP1000 but RG is what I am thinking.

Let me try to find one of these Airports on the net and see if I can't figure
out which one. Airport IS Lucent - FYI

On Friday 30 November 2001 13:48, you wrote:
> Marty Connor writes:
> | On 11/30/2001 12:11 PM Mark [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> | >Oops, try this link - http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/airport/
> |
> | Wow.  This is auite a hack.  I downloaded it and looked at the code.  I'm
> | working with someone on PCMCIA support for Etherboot, but we don't have
> | anything useful yet.  I didn't realize Doug was working on this.  I may
> | have missed an email somewhere :)
>
> I'm not Till Straumann did it.  However, this is a very special case
> since it is an Airport base station.  In this case the card is tied
> to an AMD SC400 with a built-in PCMCIA adapter.  It's not a full
> feature PCMCIA implementation.  I think the BIOS sets up the card
> partially so then you can just access it.  I just posted it to my
> web-site.
>
> Since changing jobs I've lost access to that hardware.  He did some
> neat things like using the modem as a serial console.  I had it
> netboot FreeBSD and boot to multi-user using NFS for the root & swap
> since you only have 4M of RAM.
>
> Doug A.

Mark Worstall
offworld1.net
This document produced with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?