On Wednesday 28 November 2007 00:48:53 Erwin Groeneveld wrote:
> Maybe a stupid question, but the thing is that I want a ltsp-system and
> samba all at the same time. I mean, the clients should be able to enter
> Windows, which is installed on the clients-hard disk and through this
> they should be able to contact the Edubuntu server for samba.
>
> They should also be able to choose LTSP itself by booting from the network.
>
> How to get samba working over the same connection? And is this possible
> at all or is there an easier and better solution for people who need
> Windows as well?

Hi Erwin,
Not very clear, do you want:
1. A windows machine accessing Samba on LTSP server [Yes can do]
2. A LTSP client accessing Samba on LTSP server [Yes can do]
3. A LTSP client accessing shares on Windows machine [Yes can do]
http://linux2.arinet.org
13:53:28 up 5:29, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.