Hi all,
I have installed on ubuntu hardy a kde3 desktop and ltsp5 for sharing it with 10 thin clients.
I use sldap as authentication db.
All works fine.
My users can stay logged in only for 30 minutes.
On server side, with a bash script on that runs who I see when a user login, then trace the time and after 25 minutes I send a message with dcop: it says "you have only 5 minutes before forced logout".
After 5 minutes, if the user still logged in, I force logout with dcop.

And now the problem: with who program I can see all users, but I cannot see the display, because ltsp5 use ssh X forwarding to connect xdmcp. If I go on thin client, and echo $DISPLAY variable, I see localhost:display, and not the IP Address (cause ssh). I like very much ssh forwarding, but I need to know the display if I want to logout user or send him a message with dcop.
There's a way to do it?
Another question: on thin clients using SSH X forwarding the display variable is always localhost? because perhaps I can retrieve user home directory, and get the display number :x from .DCOP__Server file from it. Or there's a command like who that can give me the display associated with the user?

And at the end: I see many programs that can permit me to show all connected thin client desktop (thinclient-manager, ltsp-manager, italc), which is the best for kde (thinclient-manager ask for me the gnome packages)...

Thank you very much
Bye

--
Alfredo Marchini
Consulente IT

begin:vcard
fn:Alfredo Marchini
n:Marchini;Alfredo
adr:;;Via Di Ripoli, 22;Firenze;FI;50126;Italy
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Alfredo Marchini
tel;work:+393939566375
x-mozilla-html:TRUE