I trust you also did:

sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
update-initramfs -u
/usr/share/ltsp/update-kernels
exit
sudo ltsp-update-kernels

every time you make a change that you want to be propagated to the
initramfs served to the clients.

-Gadi

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 19:17 +0100, Bettina Lapp wrote:
> hm, I've tried removing udhcp, or replacing it with the version from the
> jaunty chroot, the results don't change - booting with nbd works,
> booting with nfs root does not.
>
> I also rebuilt the karmic chroot from scratch, and then only replaced
> /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/init-premount/udhcp
> with the fixed version, same thing.
>
> Looks like it's not the dhcp script that's causing the problem, more
> like nfs is broken in a different spot - I just have no idea where
>
> Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it.
>

> Alkis Georgopoulos schrieb:
> > If you remove udhcpc from the chroot, so that everything reverts to the
> > old behavior (ipconfig etc), does it work?
> >

> > Στις 19-11-2009, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 16:34 +0100, ο/η Bettina Lapp
> > έγραψε:
> >> update: fixed udhcp script, boot with nbd works, boot with NFS root does
> >> not. Client still stops with message:
> >>
> >> One or more of the mounts listed in /etc/fstab cannot yet be mounted:
> >> /: waiting for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/opt/ltsp/i386
> >> /tmp: waiting for (null)
> >> Press ESC to enter a recovery shell
> >>
> >> (xxx. etc is the correct server ip)
> >>
> >> Any ideas? We can't possibly be the only ones still using NFS?
> >>
> >> --Bettina

Gideon Romm | Proud LTSP Developer
l...@symbio-technologies.com

Pay It Forward!
Intel Atom 1.6GHz, 512MB RAM + Symbiont Boot Stick = $275
10% of order goes to school or open source project of your choice!

Buy yourself a lab or office and use your donation to set up a school,
pay for a desperately needed feature added to a software package,
or sponsor part of LTSP's annual developer's conference LTSP-by-the-sea!

Check out:  http://www.symbio-technologies.com/payitforward