Doug Cutting wrote:
Garrett Rooney wrote:

Additionally it would be good to work on updating the disk format documentation, I've found several cases where the docs are quite out of date compared to the current code. It's hard to expect the various different ports to maintain compatibility when the formats are only documented in code.

If you have a chance, please submit bugs for these. Thanks.

I've got a number of "XXX undocumented" comments in the lucene4c code, I'll make some time later this week to go through and file bugs on them.

One thing that jumps right out at me though is the fact that the current docs don't mention cfs files at all. It took me a bit by surprise that after reading over the file format documentation when I created the demo index none of the files I had read about were even there ;-)

-garrett