+1

On Feb 17, 2005, at 6:11 AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

The Incubator requires the Lucene PMC vote on whether to accept the lucene4c codebase.

+1 from me.

Other Lucene PMC members - please cast your vote on this thread.

        Erik

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Cliff Schmidt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: February 17, 2005 5:12:36 AM EST
To: <general@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: RE: [PROPOSAL] Lucene4c

Garrett,

You're right that all new code bases should come through the Incubator.
However, the appropriate PMC to vote on whether it should be accepted
into the incubator is the sponsoring PMC, which in this case appears to
be the Lucene PMC. (The Incubator PMC does sponsor some projects,
usually the ones that are expected to eventually be their own TLP.)

The Incubator PMC is responsible for supporting what comes in and voting
whether it is ready to graduate. So, once the Lucene PMC votes to
incubate it, the Incubator PMC will help you figure out exactly what
needs to be done and will then vote on graduation.

Hope that helps.

Cliff