Thanks to Justin Erenkrantz's help getting us set up with Subversion, Lucene4c has been imported into the ASF incubator repository. Get it while it's hot at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene4c/trunk/

Commit mails are currently going to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (although the initial import mail bounced due to the size of the mail), so we should decide if that's where they should stay (that's what Justin recommends), or if we want separate commits lists for each Lucene subproject.

I've still got a bunch of work to do 'ASFifying' everything, the copyright notices in the code need to be updated, the website and the mechanism for updating it needs to be updated for its new home, and probably a million other things, but we're on the right track.

The remaining infrastructure that needs to be created includes a Jira project and a dev mailing list, see

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-225

and

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-223

-garrett