Erik Hatcher wrote:
When Doug is cool with re-enabling the redirect, it's fine with me.

I'm cool with it if it works. Why not re-enable it, search for "site:apache.org lucene" on Google, Yahoo! and MSN, and click on the first few links. If these work, then I'm okay with the redirect.

As we change stuff like this, we should try to change things only once, rather than a temporary change that might not be appropriate long-term. This is especially the case with things like URLs & email addresses, that get saved in mail archives, web indexes, etc. The fewer times we change them the less we'll break things. Thankfully "jakarta" never made it into a package name!

Doug