On Tuesday 01 March 2005 19:15, Doug Cutting wrote:

> 'nHits - nHits' always equals zero. ÂSo you're actually printing the
> first document, not the last. ÂThe last document would be accessed with
> 'hits.doc(nHits)'.

After fixing this I can reproduce the problem with a local index that
contains about 220.000 documents (700MB). Fetching the first document
takes for example 30ms, fetching the last one takes >100ms. Of course I
tested this with a query that returns many results (about 50.000).
Actually it happens even with the default sorting, no need to sort by some
specific field.

Regards
 Daniel

--