Hi

  I am trying to read multiple pages from PDF , for that i changed the start
and end parameter in the ExtractTextObjects class. But it gives the
following erro aftter reading successfully the text from the first page.

======================ERROR=======================================
Processing content from page 2
Reading resources object 2 0 R
Reading fonts
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.jpedal.fonts.PdfFontsData.putWidth(PdfFontsData.java:696)
        at
org.jpedal.fonts.PdfFontsData.readAllTypeFont(PdfFontsData.java:447)
        at org.jpedal.PdfObjects.readFonts(PdfObjects.java:581)
        at org.jpedal.PdfObjects.readResources(PdfObjects.java:468)
        at org.jpedal.PdfDecoder.decodePage(PdfDecoder.java:176)
        at
org.jpedal.examples.ExtractTextObjectsNEW.<init>(ExtractTextObjectsNE
W.java:145)
        at
org.jpedal.examples.ExtractTextObjectsNEW.main(ExtractTextObjectsNEW.
java:259)
Exception java.lang.NullPointerException reading font

 It reads the first page without any problem, but while it iterates for the
subsequent pages it does not work and gives the NullPointer Exception. has
anyone encountered something liek this,,, am i missing something. At the
moment i ma hardCoding the start as
start = 1
end =10

 for the number of pages. But it gives the error. I tried to use the
getPageCount() method declared in pdfDecoder.java , but this method returns
0 always as count. I am using the following code :::
                        //decode_pdf = new PdfDecoder( false );
                        //--------------------------Lines
ADDED----------------------------------
                        decode_pdf = new PdfDecoder( true );
                        pageCount = decode_pdf.getPageCount();
                        if (pageCount > start)
                        { end = pageCount;
                                }
                        System.out.println( "TOTAL PAGE COUNT IS
=================== :" + pageCount );

                        /**
                         * open the file (and read metadata including pages
in  file)
                         */
                        System.out.println( "Opening NEW file :" + file_name
);
                        decode_pdf.openPdfFile( file_name );
                }
                catch( Exception e )
                {
                        System.err.println( "Exception " + e + " in pdf
code" );
                        System.exit( 1 );
                }

I flush each page object at the end
                                decode_pdf.flushObjectValues( true );

 Will appritiate for your positive and quick reply.

 Best Regards.
 vin.