On Feb 15, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Karl Koch wrote:
2) I need to know which Analyzer was used to index a field. One important
rule, as we all know, is to use the same analyzer for indexing and searching
a field. Is this information stored in the index or in full responsibilty of
the application developer?

The analyzer is not stored in the index, nor its name. I believe this was discussed in the past, though.

It's not a rule that the same analyzer be used for both indexing and searching, and there are cases where it makes sense to use different ones. The analyzers must be compatible though.