On Feb 21, 2005, at 10:53 AM, Michael Celona wrote:

That the only stack I get.  One thing to mention that I am using a
MultiSearcher to rewrite the queries. I tried...

query = searcher_last.rewrite( query );
query = searcher_cur.rewrite( query );

using IndexSearcher and I don't get an error... However, I not able to
highlight wildcard queries.

I use Highlighter for lucenebook.com and have two indexes that I search with MultiSearcher. Here's how I highlight:

        IndexReader reader = readers[indexIndex];
        QueryScorer scorer = new QueryScorer(query.rewrite(reader));
        SimpleHTMLFormatter formatter =
            new SimpleHTMLFormatter("<span class=\"highlight\">",
                "</span>");
        Highlighter highlighter = new Highlighter(formatter, scorer);

I get the appropriate IndexReader for the document being highlighted. You can get the index _index_ this way:
'
int indexIndex = searcher.subSearcher(hits.id(position));

Hope this helps.