Andreas,

Thanks for the reply.

Client version is 2.14.0_ddn98. Here is a plot of the *write_RPCs_in_flight* plot.  Snapshot every 50ms.  The max for any of the samples for any of the OSCs was 1.  No RPCs in flight while the OSCs were dumping memory.  The number following the OSC name in the legends is the sum of the *write_RPCs_in flight* for all the intervals.  To be honest, I have never really looked at the RPCs in flight numbers.  I'm running as a lowly user, so I don't have access to any of the server data, so I have nothing on osd-ldiskfs.*.brw_stats.

I should also point out that the backing storage on the servers is SSD, so I would think the commiting to storage on the server side should be pretty quick.

I'm trying to get a handle on how Linux buffer cache works. Everything I find on the web is pretty old.  Here's one from 2012. https://lwn.net/Articles/495543/

Can someone point me to something more current, and perhaps Lustre related?

As for images, I think the list server strips the images.  In previous postings, when I would include images , what I got back when the list server broadcast it out had the iamges stripped. I'll include the images and also a link to the image on DropBox.

Thanks again,

John

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fgmz4wazr6it9q2aeo0mb/write_RPCs_in_flight.png?rlkey=d3ri2w2n7isggvn05se4j3a6b&dl=0