That 1574 lute book in German tabkature appears to have been printed in
Venice by Gardano in Italian tablature in 1576 and in 1595.  Fetis mentions
one edition in his encyclopedia.  But he is notorious for writing
misinformation.  Or better said, information that cannot be verified.  We
simply do not know where he got much of his inforation.  Froim time to time
we find some of his sources and they confirm the accuracie. Newsodler is
also said to have pubished intabulations of Josquin motets.  Fetis gives
Vencie, but another source was found and it was Strassbourg, proably Jobin.

But there is a catalogue from the time that lists the 1595 Venetian
edition. Both editions are lost.  Which gets to my refrain about how tons
of lute music have been lost. We know of press runs of 1250 copies, with
only one or two surviving to our time.  And how much music is lost without
a trace. We would not even know who composed Petrucci's Book III if it
hadn't been listed in the Fernando Columbus caralogue (and also in a
recently discovered carlogue fromthe Herwarth library--he owned a copy,
too.)

The favored system of notation in MN's Augsurg was Italian.  Wtiness the
many manuscripts from the Hans Heinrich Herwarth liobrary (now inthe
Bavarian State Library), the so-called Chilesotti Codice Lauten-Buch belong
ing, I believe, to a merchant from Nurember named Scheurle, and the
Hainhofer Lautenbuecher, also from Augsburg.  The manuscripts in Miunich
also include what I believe are MN autographs, since they contain his music
and we have a letter to the Duke in which MN presents, "as in the past,"
some new lute pieces for the New Year.

Surely he was being euphemistic when he spoke of his patriotism in usinng
German tabkature.  He might indeed have been influenced, as Arne suggested,
by Drusin's pubications.  BUt also he may have been influenced by the type
of tablature being used in Strassbourg by Jobin.

I suspect he brought all the books back from Venice to sell them in
Bavaria.  He was in Italy, I think I mentoned, perhaps fleeing the plague
that hit Syugsburg.  He returned woith a Luther associate, Philippe
Camerarius.  The rode through a blizzard while crossing the Alps in
January.brrrr.  Thjey really wanted to get home!

Hope this asnwers your question.  Arthur.