Arto Wikla at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> That was an interesting sound clip indeed!
> But was it really a lute? At least at the end of the clip,
> there clearly was an 12-string guitar mixed to the "lute
> sound"!

It's Ian Anderson's six-string with a capo on the third fret, playing along
with the lute.

> Is there any "interview" or the like comments on the
> use of "lute" there?

See my earlier post about the liner notes.

BTW, "scurvy" is a bone disease caused by insufficient vitamin C.  A lime is
a sour green citrus fruit, similar to a lemon, and high in vitamin C.  I
suppose you can't grow citrus fruit in Finland.  British sailors, and thus
Britons generally, became known as "limeys" because they reportedly brought
limes on board to prevent scurvy (though I've heard they actually used
lemons).  I don't know what Roman meant in bringing it up.  Nor, for that
matter do I understand how your reference to Hendrix and Handel ties into
whatever the subject was.  It's not necessary to enlighten me...