There is a facsimile of all the Bataille volumes, $37.50 each, or all six
volumes for $150, listed in he catalogue of lute music issued by the von
Huene Workshop (aka New England Early Music Shop), for January 2003.  This
is a free catalogue.  For a copy, contact Eric Haas at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tel (617) 277-7217.

The 1609 livre was reprinted in 1614, and there are  quite a few original
copies in various libraries.  J&JLubrano, the music antiquarians, now on
Long Island, had some Bataille volumes for sale a  few years ago. They were
from the Thibault private library--more things of hers that did not go to
the BN.

Also OMI would have the Bataille facsimiles in stock.  Contact Steve and
Olga Immel,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

What about the LSA Library?

ajn
==========FROM: Bob Purrenhage, INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Dear far flung sources of musical help,

I am looking for the score to: El Baxel estra en la playa (anonymous).  It
was published in Gabriel Bataille, Second livre 1609.

This song may exist in other publications or collections. I would
appreciate any help you can give in locating it!

It appears as the final selection on the CD Deuce Beaute Boston Camerata
Erato  3984-21656-2, 1998.

Many thanks in advance!

Bob Purrenhage

pastimesmusicahoo.com