----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lutelist" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 12:48 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: For Bill -- Small bodied vihuela-viola-guitars come
charango? -- was Re: Bad translation

> Hi Bruno,
>
> Thanks for the note! I had no idea. I've recently started working w/ a
> med/ren group and will approach the piper w/ the idea. A Ttun Ttun?
> Lovely onomotopeia --like, dare I say it, "charango". ;^)
>
> I worked my way through college at a small but very good french
> restaurant and served quite a bit of your sauce.
>
> I will definitely check out your links!
>
> all the best,
> Sean

here's another picture Sean, also with pipe.
http://tinyurl.com/aw3pf

I don't have an ID for it, but 1480-1510 feels about right to me. The
coloration (at least) reminds me a little of Melozzo da Forli and his series
of angel musicians, but I'm fairly certain this isn't him. The off-shoulder
draping and bowed knots are red-flagging me for some reason though, like
maybe it's later than it at first appears. So maybe I should just play it
safe and leave it at "no ID" ;')

Roger