Dear lutenists,

I joined Roman's project of performing his arrangements of
Ukrainian music. In my page
  http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/wikla/mus/own/Sarmatica/
there are 3 video clips of Sarmaticae (numbers 35, 63 and 91).
The files are quite big, but megabytes are just megabytes... ;)

The text of my page says:

"In his page "IV. MUSICAL EXAMPLES: Renaissance Lute Tabulatures" Roman
Turovsky has published a huge amount of Ukrainian folk music arranged for
renaissance lute. He has invited musicians contribute their
interpretations of this wonderful music.

I found out that easiest to me is to record video clips with my tiny
digital camera. The quality of sound is perhaps not very good, and the
AVI-files are quite big. And I did not have the programs to edit these
clips at all - also my "pushing the buttons" are included. But perhaps it
is anyhow interesting also to see the pieces played?

My interpretations are not polished at all - just one take and that's it.
Especially the number 35 really was my first try, whether the quality of
the camera AVI's is bearable. But I had some fun already in playing that
first try, and that is why also it is here.

You can find all this music (and lots more!) as pdf tabulature in Roman's
page. Actually in these video clips I read the tabulature directly in the
computer screen. The light of the screen can be seen on the Botticelli's
"Venus" behind me...:-) "

And I definitely play "thumb under"...

All the best,

Arto