Another possible contributing factor to shoulder pain is strength (or lack
thereof). The shoulder joint depends in a big way on the muscles of the
rotator cuff to hold everything together. I had problems with shoulder pain
several years ago (computers again ...). The orthopedist eventually
determined that the root cause was the simple fact that years of sitting at
a computer for many hours a day and getting most of my exercise on a bicycle
had left my shoulder muscles too weak to properly support the joint. A few
months carefully working with weights to strengthen those muscles largely
eliminated the problem. Not necessarily the solution to every shoulder
problem, but it's something that you should consider.

Guy