I spoke with Markus Dietrich who visted a talk bei Benno Scheu. Actually
it seems to be very interesting but not as sensational as the LF site
makes us believe.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bernd Haegemann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 31. Juli 2006 09:59
An: Howard Posner; Roman Turovsky
Cc: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Betreff: [LUTE] Re: Liuto Forte

>>> The LF modifications are not nearly as drastic. The main being the
>>> idea of gut frets absorbing vibration, while metal ones reflecting
>>> it. As I recall the LF barring sistem is basically baroque.
>>

>> site; they may be exaggerating the level of their "innovation."

> In fact, that's the general opinion.

May I cite:

" In particular, the LIUTO FORTE sounds extremely well in big halls and
has
a strikingly powerful resonance. Both of these features are due to the
application of a secret discovered by Benno Streu concerning the
combination
of woods used in the heyday of lute- and guitar making."

What could that secret be??

best wishes
Bernd