An archlute, rather than a theorbo. Not a very long one either.
RT
----- Original Message ----- From: "Leonard Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lute List" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 5:06 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Straps/Karamazov

Am I mistaken, or does Edin Karamazov play theorbo sans strap?  I see no
visible means of support to the instrument, and he is often in motion. How
can he do this??

Leonard Williams

      /[ ]
      /   \
     |  *  |
     \_=_/

On 2/22/08 2:15 PM, "Tuomas Rauramaa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dear lutenists,
I have a problem. I am looking for a strap which is suitable for my
instruments (theorbo, baroque lute, 8-c, vihuela and baroque guitar). I have used several straps in the past but somehow they haven't been suitable for
lutes; either too slippery, difficult to adjust when moving from one
instrument to another etc...

Nigel North's strap was excellent. Very convenient and stable. From where
can I get something similar?

Are these good ? -> http://www.slider-straps.com/

Thanks in advance,
Tuomas Rauramaa