A helpful note from the maker of the guitar:

''As for the proposed idea of soundboard bars getting loose, there are some
precautionary measures against this in your guitar - bar end supports.  So
with the kind of strumming / hitting that you do the bars should be fine,
unless you hit really hard.''

I should add that I don't actually hit hard at all - it just sounds that
way. And no nails to do damage. The guitar is over two years old, and not a
scratch on it.

Rob