Hi, all,
In answer to Edward's question, I started on guitar (Delta blues, as a matter
of fact), moved to lute, then back to guitar, with mandolin thrown in.  Right
now I play mainly guitar, several styles, but I'm currently mostly interested
in turn of the century (19th to 20th) American guitar and early Hawaiian
guitar.  My lute interest right now is largely vicarious; my instrument needs
some work.  I also play shamisen, sanxian, and gu qin (for which I envy your
Singapore location!) for the pluckies, and some Asian flutes.
Chris.

On 19 Jan 2009, at 6:33 AM, howard posner wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Mayes, Joseph wrote:
>
>>    I don't know why the world of classical guitar is of such
>> interest to
>>    this list
>
> Perhaps because 90% of us are or have been classical guitarists?

I'd be really interested to know how many on the lute list are also
guitarists or have been at some time. Not disputing Mr Posner's
statistic, but merely curious.

I started off on lute, without ever having touched guitar before, and
even now if I ever have to twiddle on a guitar, I have to mentally
play the 'ok, everything is a minor third lower) game.

Anyone else *not* a guitar player?

Edward in Singapore