Right back at you, Dan. I enjoy your whimsical posts. I can almost hear
   the Philadelphia suburbs in them.

   See you at the "pub."

   JM

   From: Daniel Winheld [mailto:dwinh...@comcast.net]
   Sent: Mon 1/19/2009 5:33 PM
   To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: 'notable composers (lute, vihuela and guitar)' w/
   ham on the side...

   Three day weekends are great. Sometimes the lute list really does
   turn into an afternoon down at the "Lute Player's Pub", except we
   each have to provide our own beverage. So I told my wife (The Soprano
   Who Must Be Obeyed" - apologies, & R.I.P., John Mortimer) that the
   guitarists-who-play-lute are arguing with the
   lutenists-who-play-guitar who is the most irrelevant of all and then
   a goddamn 3-string BALALAIKA Paganini walks into the bar and beats us
   all up.
   Now if only my archlute had just one more course, I'd show him...
   yeah, I'd really show him....
   Happy Martin Luther King Day before the inaug event to all, including
   of course my dear colleagues across the puddle.
   Dan