Seems fair to me, Alfonso. Everything is expensive, but your asking
   price is fair.

   Rob

   2009/2/15 Alfonso Marin <[1]luten...@gmail.com>

     Dear Arto and all,
     After the brief discussion about theorbo prices, I looked around for
     of other makers prices to reevaluate the worth of my theorbo by Nico
     van der Waals I am currently offering for sale for 7900 (original
     price was 8250 back in 2002). I am now certain that my asking price
     is quite fair for such a reputable maker and for an exceptionally
     good sounding instrument in mint condition.
     These are examples of similarly decorated instruments taken from up
     to date prices of three good makers including a Kingham case.  I do
     not have information about Paul Tomson and Michael Lowe but I know
     these are much more expensive and their waiting list is even not
     considerable if you need an instrument in the near future.
     Stephen Barber  7,777
     Stephen Gottlieb 9,105
     Grant Tomlinson 9800 US $ = 7,604 + 390 Kingham case = 7994 (last
     years price)
     I know that Arto did not want to suggest that my theorbo was too
     expensive but in an indirect way he actually did. For that reason I
     feel compelled to defend myself  and demonstrate the fairness of my
     asking price.
     Greetings,
     Alfonso