Many luthiers have a web site with pictures of their wares. You could try
contacting them for permission to use some of those pictures on you site
(presumably with a link back to their Web site).

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Midwinter [mailto:duncan.midwin...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:44 AM
To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Lute pictures for website...

   I don't want to use any old picture without permission, also I would
   like to link the picture back to it's source as a way of providing more
   information about the instrument. At the moment my site (which is still
   in construction) has several links to Wikipedia content, but I would
   like to provide links to more diverse content.

   Many thanks,

   Duncan.