The external mic jack referenced is of no use for using the H2 as a
standard mic. It is to allow using an external microphone as the input
to the H2 recorder circuits.

Bruno,
I wrote privately with my doubts about the H2 being usable as a
standard mic, which hasn't changed significantly. However, it is
possible that it could be employed as a mic into a mixer by taking the
earphone/line-out jack's signal through a Y-connector (mini
stereo-plug to 2 RCA plugs) into the mixer's tape inputs. Ideally, the
mic's pickups will be present on the earphone/line-out jack.

Whether this is useful to you or not, I don't know. The mics are
sensitive enough, but recordings tend to be quiet. That Zoom has seen
fit to add a "normalize" function (post-processing which makes the
amplitude of a recorded file larger, but requires that recorded file:
it's not a 'live input' amplification function.)

With suitable gain on the tape input and an input attenuator pad that
can be turned down to make the -10dBm expected output at the
earphone/line-out jack useful, it is possible that the H2 can be used
as a standard stereo mic.

Ray