David Tayler wrote:
There are some people who play the plucky version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9APMU2jXJE
But that is a later style.
Still, it is an original :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9APMU2jXJE

Thanks. I've never seen that before. That psalterio looks like a dulcimer, not a psaltery - I've never seen a psaltery with chessman bridges, nor any bridges other than the two...err bridges. Even the quanun, a sophisticated-looking beast, just has the strings, harp-like but in a different plane (as it were). I wonder if the music says to pluck it rather than plonk it?

Stuart