Dear LuteList friends,

I know that my answer could start an infinite "flame", but after reading all these angry messages I feel I'd like to comment. Of course I feel sympathetic with all of you, having lost your money and waiting for an answer whatsoever, but let me point out the following:

- there are plenty of lutemakers in the US and in other parts of the world. Lutemakers with a very strong reputation and (often) reasonable waiting lists;

- so why you placed an order to a good lutemaker living in a very distant country? I guess mainly because this good lutemaker was cheaper.

- Money gain always comes at risk: the higher the gain, the bigger the risk, usually.

Everybody can take the consequences of all this.

I do not want to suggest anything so tragic, but for what we all know he could be dead, and (as far as I know) there's no internet available THERE.

Sorry, but I felt telling you. For the future check that very good lutemaker near you, or one of the many located in Europe and not necessarily disappearing with your deposit(s).

Luca