Plugging and re-drilling a bridge to suit whatever configuration a player
has need of seems commonplace enough.  If a re-drill isn't practical, an
all-out and appropriately drilled replacement is pretty trivial in the grand
scheme of luthier labor.  If anything, these tweaks/fixes are probably more
necessary to the baser entry-level instruments and can often improve them.

Best,
Eugene