Dear Ron,

I just found the use of the term gimmicks rather disturbing as it could be
construed to mean performance elements and conventions that we know were
regularly used back then and are not used now, largely because of their
incompatibility with the 21st century classical music mindset. Countertenors
are like the over emphasized role of recorders in early music, a modern
phenomenon. But in the end it is scat singing accompanied by hammered dulcimer,
where the money is, try finding any historical evidence for that ;)

I certainly did not want to criticize your approach, that is very personal, as
it should be and as you say the audience is the judge in the end and they seem
very happy.

All the best
Mark