I hope Val exaggerates when he says "many on the list will be glad. . .".   The
practical reasons for using nylgut - especially in performance - are obvious.
And if POD didn't feel he was getting the sound best expressing his
interpretation of the music he plays with thumb under technique, I'm sure he
would adopt a different one.  I think it's been wonderful that MP has come up
with nylgut.  I'm wondering if at some point there will be non-wound nylgut
that will work well for the bass courses.  To me, it seems that a main
difference between gut and synthetic is the balance between the treble and bass
courses.

Ned