Tom
   First a return question: what is you string material, brand, diameters
   ('numbers' for some brands)/tenison and last but certainly not least,
   age? All these factors play a role. If strings are old, replace and
   you'll feel better. If strings are gut, you might have a tough time
   adjusting. If strings are metalwounds and plastics (nylon or
   otherwise), ditch the octaves on courses 5 and 6 and you'll be fine.
   David

   David van Ooijen
   [1]davidvanooi...@gmail.com
   [2]www.davidvanooijen.nl