I have been playing an Edlinger baroque lute for 19 years. I think I am
   partial to lutes of the Edlinger school, more so than Hoffman or
   Widhalm. I also play a Burkholzer lute which could be considered an
   Edlinger, as he did the conversion. The Edlinger baroque lute does have
   a very shallow body, which makes it quite easy to hold. The one I have
   is also quite loud, but this might be due to it's size (76cm) and ebony
   ribs.
   Sterling
   On Friday, October 18, 2013 4:17 PM, Dan Winheld <dwinh...@lmi.net>
   wrote:
   Oops! I just saw that you said theorbo -forget everything I just wrote.
   No experience these things!