The closest I've come to this situation was being part of a "Medieval
   tableau" for the inaugural ball of Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis
   in 1975. A I was told not to actually play because Lionel Hampton was
   providing the real entertainment and they didn't want me to interfere
   with him(!!!!). A It was an interesting night. A I did get paid.
   Best to all, and keep playing (or not...),
   Chris.

   On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Thomas Schall