I've only seen this when an instrument is shipped in hot weather and
   gets stuck in some non air-conditioned warehouse for a long period. I
   am surprised that this would happen if you are keeping your lute in the
   case in an air-conditioned environment, its got to get really hot for
   this to occur I thought.
   When I have to ship an instrument in the summer I always put it in an
   old cotton t-shirt to prevent this.

   On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Matthew Daillie