Now, what about Polish lute tablature?

   On 10/14/14, AJN<arthurjn...@verizon.net> wrote:

   Hello, Gary!
   Certainly by now "Neapolitan Tablature" is the standard term for that
   kind of tablature. The term is used as early as 1585 (which is late as
   far as use of Neapoitan tablature in practical sources). Michele
   Carrara published an engraved broadside _**Intaboltura di Liuto**_
   (n.p. 1585/ BrownI 1585/5; rpt 1594). It has a piece in mensural
   notation with parallel intabulations into Italian, French and
   Neapolitan tablature. The latter is titled "Intavolatura alla
   Napolitana." In 1956 a free facsimile* was widely distributed to (ALL
   known?) music libraries by an Italian foundation to mark the
   anniversary of Petrucci's first publication in 1501. So many libraries
   will have a copy.
   An important addition to the Francesco print by Sulzbach is Bartolmeo
   lieto Panhormitano, _**Dialogo quarto**_ (Naples, 1549), a handbook for
   use by persons who cannot read pitch notation to make Neapolitan
   tablatures from mensural notation. (John Ward has an article on the
   work in JLSA xv).
   *Ed. Benvenuto Disertori, Florence 1956.
   Arthur