As an innocent by-stander to these exchanges (lying low downstream to the
trenches) but as a member of the lute community who reads most of the posts, I
have been rather surprised by the veiled or sometimes outright criticism by Ron
and Dr. Chris of other musicians' efforts and the unabashed self-promotion of
their own productions. I was relieved to note however that Dr. Chris gave us
permission to give his rendition of Bach published on YouTube a thumbs down as
long as we left a 'constructive comment'. I have so far been unable to fulfil
this condition so I am keeping my thumbs firmly in my pockets (and my tongue in
cheek).

If we had no faults, we would not take so much pleasure in noticing those of
others - François de La Rochefoucauld

Best,

Matthew