I hadn't read this reply properly but the octave on the 7th course is going to be far too large a diameter to be used on the top course. If you have an octave on the 4th course, that would be OK.

I don't mean to sound patronizing but it really is a good idea to have a stock of spare top strings around, especially if you are doing concerts.

Best

Matthew