Danke, Matthias, that's helpful.
   I think quitam is quintam. Would make more sense to me. (All I have is
   a 1900-ish edition of the text and music. The little wiggly things
   above the letters might well be missing in this edition. The original
   is by Cornelis Schuyt, ca 1600)
   With the aid of your translation and the music in front of me, I come
   to something like this, but it is a wishful translation to what seems
   to work with the music:
   Canon with two answers. (meaning there are two possible solutions to
   the canon?)
   For four [voices]. Or: canon in fourth. (Which makes sense for
   entrances 2 and 3)
   The last [voice] (meaning the bass, or the last of entrances 2 and 3?)
   is (comes) first, and the first [voice] comes the second [entrance].
   Puzzling line, it might hint at the second solution?
   These two entrances can be interchanged (meaning equal voices?).
   The fourth entrance answers in the fifth below.

   David van Ooijen
   [1]davidvanooi...@gmail.com
   [2]www.davidvanooijen.nl
   On 28 May 2016 at 13:20, Mathias RAP:sel