I replied to Guy last night, in a hurry, and didn't get the lute list
   into the cc:
   Helen Hewett's 1942 dissertation on Harmonice Musices Odhecaton A,
   which was printed and published as Studies and Documents 5, Medieval
   Academy of America No. 42, and included Isabel Pope's translation/edit
   of much of the texts associated with the songs. It contains (page 219
   to the page 421) a transcription with barlines and underlaid text (with
   footnotes indicating which sources drove which editorial decisions and
   ascribing underlaying to FR (for which the cite is  FR Firenze, R.
   Biblioteca Riccardiana, Ms 2794 (15th c.) Wolf, Eandbuch, I, 450 Jepp,
   p. lxxii).
   Josquin's Adieu mes Amours is #14 (f16'-17 in the original). It has
   only the incipit text.
   Imslp has only the transcriptions of the dissertation, pages 219-421,
   and marks it as PD-EU. I believe this may be an artifact of IMSLP's way
   of evaluating public domain status, which treats anything slightly in
   question as not being PD.
   I'm still researching to see if the copyright was updated by Hewitt,
   Pope or the Medieval Academy in 1970 (28 years after the initial
   copyright). I'm going through the LOC online resources, but this could
   be short-cut if anyone has a copy of the DaCapo reprint put out in
   1978. The LOC records don't show an application for copyright by Da
   Capo, for "Odhecaton" or any reference to Helen Hewitt or Isabel Pope.
   Don't be mislead, though: if the Da Capo reprint has a copyright, it
   may be on the "Collection" and not on the contents, and may result from
   additional, non-Hewitt related material.
   The next step is a laborious search of the 1969, 1970 and 1971
   copyright renewal records (I just finished 1970, and haven't the will
   to live.) So maybe the next step is if someone who has the DaCapo or
   direct knowledge of Hewitt's or the Medieval Academy's copyright, they
   can say so.
   There is another pdf of Hewitt's entire 1942 book, but since I can't
   tell whether it is intentionally exposed, I'll leave that datum at
   that.
   Ray

   On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 12:10 PM, guy_and_liz Smith