From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
Alain Veylit
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:28 AM
Cc: Lute List
Subject: [LUTE] Sermisy - Dont vient cela

Interesting - There are many intabulations of Dont vient cela including English
and Italian sources. It was a very popular tune. I don't suppose there are any
plans for the CMME format to support tablature...?

Using the old French "Dont" BTW solves the accent's problem, as opposed to the
modern  "D'où" ... Obviously Monica is blissfully unaware of all the political
issues linked to  the "réforme de l'orthographe" in France. Getting rid of
accents is akin to the English getting rid of the pound and switching to euros
instead: a very sensitive issue likely to cause large numbers of people to
gather in the streets, some of them armed with pitch forks.

Alain