Hi Arthur,
   I would also add that anyone who has sung from the Odhecaton
   series--vocal partbooks--knows how many errors those books have. They
   don't need complete re-arranging in a later style, just careful editing
   to determine what likely went wrong, along with comparison to other
   versions. That's the main problem with the Spinacino: there's very
   little else to compare his works to . . . I'm very reluctant to start
   pretending I know what he "intended" and filling things in. And the
   intabulations are damned difficult, in places.
   Finally, it makes it all the more discouraging that the Giovan Maria
   Alemanni is gone; that was the one professional lutenist that Petrucci
   published and the most "instrumental" of the tabs! Why couldn't we have
   lost Pisador instead? ;-)
   Best,
   Gary

   On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Arthur Ness