I’m currently partial to the intabulators who took on the work of Archadelt.
There's Vindella’s all Acadelt book (1546), the many variations of “Quand’io
pens’al martir” and even the chansons for voice and renaissance guitar (A.
LeRoy, Cinqiesme Livre). And Crecquillon, non Papa, Pathie, deRore, Lasso and ….

.. who am I kidding? I enjoy most all the vocal pieces set for lute. Ok, all
the ones I can play, anyway. Phalese (’63, ’68) and Paladin sometimes stay on
the stand for months.

Sean

ps, Tristan, there’s a nice Pathie set by the mysterious B.M. in Siena.